Richmond Public Library My Account | Contact

Search Catalog or Internet

Overdrive ebooks & Audiobooks

Ginter Park Rededication June 28
Ginter Park Rededication June 28

You are invited to attend the rededication of the newly renovated Ginter Park Library on Tuesday, June 28 at 1 pm. Join us and help celebrate a new chapter in the life of your neighborhood library.

Family Children Teens Seniors

Richmond Public Law Library

Richmond Public Law Library is an excellent resource that is free and open to the public. Formerly housed in the John Marshall Courts Building, the Law Library is now located on the first floor of the Main Library at 101 E. Franklin Street.

The Law Library offers free Westlaw, WestlawNext, LexisNexis, and legal research classes for the public.  All materials are reference books that cannot be checked out.  Photocopies can be made at a cost of 15 cents per page. The materials are available any time the Main Library is open.  

The Law Library collection includes:

  • State codes and the Richmond City Code  
  • The United States Code Annotated (USCA)
  • Federal and state administrative regulations
  • All state and federal published opinions
  • American Law Reports (ALR), Corpus Juris Secundum (CJS), American Jurisprudence (Am Jur), Restatements, many subject-specific federal treatises and loose-leaf services, several sets of form books, and legal newspapers 
  • Virginia practice materials, including a large selection of CLE's, Michie's Jurisprudence, Virginia Forms, Model Jury Instructions, Virginia Practice, and much more  

The Law Library reference desk is generally staffed during normal library hours. If you need assistance, we recommend calling ahead to verify that someone will be there to help you.

For more information about our materials please visit our Law Library Resources page.

Contact us by calling (804) 646-6500 or at the email address

Please note that Law Library staff is prohibited from giving legal advice, interpreting the law, or recommending legal action. We are happy to help you find information, but if you need more help, we will recommend that you consult with a licensed attorney.